Discover some of the best places to live in Leeds...
Listed as one of the most desirable postcodes in Yorkshire, Horsforth is a charming village located around five miles North West of Leeds city centre. Lets take a look at some of the reasons Horsforth is such a great place to live
- Whether you love quirky coffee shops or you like a pint at your local pub, Horsforth will have something for you.
- If you’re a lover of the great outdoors, you’ll be pleased to know that Horsforth is surrounded by nature reserves, attractions, woodland and parks.
- Horsforth offers plenty of choice when it comes to independent businesses; you can find everything from hairdressers, cafes and pubs.
- With a train station in the centre of town, you’re just a 13 minute train journey away from Leeds. There are also direct trains to York and Harrogate.
It’s not just the character and charm of Otley that makes it such a great place, its the picturesque surroundings that make it a must-see place in Yorkshire. With a real sense of community, the independent shops, cafes and restaurants in the town centre make for a welcoming atmosphere. Keep reading to find out why Otley could be the place you want to live
- Life in Otley means you’re never short on local produce. Around every corner is a local supermarket, café or restaurant with food produced locally.
- On Otley high street you can find a range of independent clothes and book shops, along with some of your favourite chain stores such as Superdrug and Boots.
- There are plenty of attractions in and around Otley that make it an exciting place to be including Chevin Park, Otley Sailing Club and Wharfemeadows Park.
Sherburn in Elmet, Leeds
Sherburn in Elmet is a fast growing village located in North Yorkshire. Conveniently situated to give you the best balance of village and city life, Sherburn in Elmet
is placed within easy commutable distance to nearby cities Leeds and York.
- Its not just the supermarkets and independent stores that Sherburn in Elmet have to offer, there is also a market in the centre of the village held once a week.
- Sherburn in Elmet is not far from the beautiful Yorkshire countryside. Sherburn Willows Nature Reserve is not far, offering flower-filled limestone grassland and willow carr woodland.
- Sherburn Eversley Cricket Club, formed in the 20th century, plays every Saturday afternoon in the Wetherby league.
- The town is served by the Sherburn in Elmet railway station with services to York railway station, Hull Paragon Interchange and Sheffield railway station.